5.04.2011

eating things and seeing things

I'm really tired. I haven't really done anything for the last two days. I know I'm in New York and there are so many things to see and do, but I am tired. If I didn't relax for a couple days, I'm pretty sure my feet would have rebelled and left my body to fend for itself somewhere in the middle of Manhattan. I also haven't gotten a lot of sleep for whatever reason. My body insists on waking up every morning at the ungodly hour of 7 despite the fact that sometimes I don't get to sleep until 3. A phenomenon I will never understand. So I spent the last two days recouping because I know I'll be busy every day for the next two weeks.

Monday was Brittany's last day in New York, so we decided to do lots of touristy things. And eat lots of things. We were up bright and early for breakfast at Moonrock Diner Cafe, which was conveniently located right next to the MoMA. I don't know how I feel about the MoMA, I guess it's alright. It was cool to see all the artworks that I had to learn about in Art History but I think I prefer the Met. That being said, I'm also not really a modern art kind of person so perhaps my opinion doesn't count. Whilst I enjoyed it, I'd take Chiaroscuro and Sfumato any day over art installations. Unless they're old kitchens and kitchen things. I was definitely all over that exhibit. Although I have to say, I have a new found appreciation for cubism.

After the MoMA, it was basically food, food, food. We wandered down to Little Italy where we had lunch at this cute Italian place then walked down the street to a coffee shop. Our adventures then took us to Chinatown where we bought "I ♥ New York" shirts. We're tourists, what do you want from us? Since it was still a little early to be going to Times Square, we went to Magnolia for cupcakes, then Pink Berry for frozen yogurt.

Am I fat and happy? You bet.
























No comments: